A U.S. Energy Company
With employees, customers and operations across multiple states, the organization was struggling to understand how their population of employees traveling out of state for business was creating employer payroll withholding non-compliance risk.
- Growth at the company had resulted in a wider-spread workforce, customer base and increased business travel.
- With more employees working out of state, the organization was concerned that payroll withholding in the home state of employees was not addressing their employer withholding obligations in the states to which their employees traveled.
- The organization had large amounts of travel data, but no way to distill it into the answer their executive was looking for: Where and how much risk are we creating from non-compliance?
- Blackspark utilized its proprietary technology to integrate directly with the organization’s travel system.
- The process took minutes for the customer and enabled Blackspark to analyze historic travel data across the organization for the past calendar year.
- Blackspark leveraged their technology and algorithms to take into account the organization’s payroll and tax status across the U.S. and applicable state regulations for employer payroll withholding applicable to non-residents.
- Blackspark then presented the results to the executive and addressed their key questions.
- As a follow up, Blackspark provided a report summarizing the analysis.
- The executive, payroll, IT and travel organization got answers they were looking for with ease and without disruption.