Blackspark Corporation Home
| News & Events
| Customer Login
If your employees cross state and country borders on business travel, your company has legal requirments for payroll compliance:
- Domestic: Multi-State Payroll - employees working in states where they are not resident.
- International: Employees doing business in other countries.
At Blackspark, we have taken a unique, technology-centric approach to solving the problem of business traveler payroll compliance. The challenge can be broken down into 3 basic requirements: First, you need an automated and efficient way to take in and process large amounts of travel data on behalf of all the business travelers within your company. Secondly, you need to be able to translate that data and organize it into the proper context to assist in meeting domestic and international compliance requirements. Lastly, you require flexible and non-intrusive workflows that enable employees to confirm the accuracy of their travel details, while providing payroll managers with the relevant data needed to execute payroll.
borderFile is the industry’s first solution focused on the ability to process travel data regardless of the source (in policy/TMC, open booking) and make the corresponding analysis and reports available for easy consumption by key stakeholders within your organization.
We help your company save money by:
- Automating costly manual processes
- Aiding compliance and avoiding financial penalties
- Leveraging existing investments in travel relationships and technology
borderFile replaces the costly manual processes within your organization that are required for business traveler payroll compliance. Whether it is international or U.S. domestic state-to-state travel, borderFile automates the collection of travel data, the calculation of compliance metrics and the sharing of reports and dashboards with key stakeholders in your company.
borderFile collects your bulk travel data and deploys immediately, without bothering your travelers. It will begin analyzing booked travel, as it happens, and will even gather historical travel data, so you get a complete compliance picture quickly and with minimal effort.
Visual dashboards allow you to pin-point employees that have breached compliance thresholds for each jurisdiction, while intuitive tools enable the employees to review and verify their travel details. Intelligent workflows complete the process by giving payroll managers the ability to review data for completeness and perform the necessary calculations to execute payroll.
By leveraging the employee and travel data you already have, payback on borderFile starts right away. It delivers increased value by allowing you to master payroll compliance and capitalize on your existing technology investments at the same time.
Key features of borderFile include:
- Rapid deployment with support for thousands of travel vendors
- Real-time synchronization of historical and upcoming booked travel
- Capture of both in-policy (i.e. TMC) and open-booking (i.e. direct on vendor's site) travel
- Threshold-based dashboards highlighting your employees' workdays in all U.S. states with payroll compliance requirements
- Tools to execute U.S. multi-state payroll allocation
- Customizable reports and dashboards for international travel
- Automated workflows enabling employees to verify and sign-off their travel data for payroll compliance
- Secure, enterprise-class architecture with 24/7 on-demand access globally
Download a borderFile Customer Case Study
View borderFile Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
372 Bay Street,
Want to discuss the future of technology for Global Mobility?
Join us in the Global Mobility Technology Group